Tuesday, June 21, 2005

How Do You Spell Relief?

Greetings again! Back from the brink of disaster (just barely).... I won't drag you down with an explanation of what happened (you can scroll down for that), but suffice to say, yesterday was an unexpected detour in my brief blogging "career". For a few hours I wasn't sure what to do. I've been doing the Funky16Corners web zine for over three years (and this blog for only eight months), and just about getting by in areas of technical expertise (bottom line being I know more than some people about web stuff, and a lot less than some others). I found out yesterday that understanding concepts like bandwidth and being prepared for emergencies involving bandwidth are two different things. I was pleasantly surprised at the reaction to my post about the problem, which included both some very kind words from readers and some very generous donations to the "Pull My Hash From Out of the Fire Fund" which have gone a long way to getting this whole enterprise (at least the parts that eat up bandwidth) moved to a different server. For both of those things I thank you. I have restored a few of the MP3 files that were removed yesterday, and will likely have a new blog entry up some time later today. Cheers Larry

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you got out alive

6/21/2005 01:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said yesterday, let us know if you're still in the red financially. I can/will donate more if needed (I get paid Friday).

6/21/2005 01:58:00 PM  
Blogger EB said...

I survived Boing Boing, and all I got out of it was this....

Well, if it's any consolation, I learned of your site through the Boing Boing link, and I really liked browsing your archives. I plan to keep on checking in as you review new (old) recordings in the future. It wasn't all in vain.

6/21/2005 03:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only discovered your blog thru the Boing Boing like this week and I'm glad I did. I do have one request. Would it be possible to put the Lee Dorsey 4 corners link back up?

6/24/2005 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger Larry Grogan said...

Chuck
Your wish (and the wish of at least one other reader) is my command. Lee Dorsey's 'Four Corners' back up for a limited time.
Larry

6/24/2005 08:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page hit counter